|Event Location:||Dawson Park Public Parking|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Feb 2 2022 6:30 PM|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:45:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||2 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||8 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Meet at the parking lot for Dawson Park for a 6:30
PM departure. I will be
a royal blue EOC baseball cap, so you can
This hike is on a mixture of paved, single track,
trails, and will be at a moderate to advanced
Note that the trail up Kinnaird Ravine
a long steady climb.
Head NE from the parking lot along the paved
Valley trail as far as Kinnaird Ravine, then head
up Kinnaird Ravine gravel trails to the Murals.
will then leave the Ravine and pick up a "goat
trail" that takes us back into the River Valley,
where we can loop back via Riverside Trails on
other side of river. We may even pass the
Experienced intermediate hikers are all welcome, but please be advised that this hike has a brisk pace (up to 5.5 km/h) with challenging single track narrow trails *and elevation. A real challenge!! If you are signing up to this more difficult hike, we expect you to keep up to the fast pace so you don't fall too far behind and lose the group. The event duration will be approximately 2 hours. ***We are open to having dogs on the hike, however they must be leashed***
We are only allowing a maximum of twelve participants including the coordinator on our events at this time.
Look for Mark wearing (or holding) a blue EOC ball cap, or look up his profile picture on the volunteer page.
(*Note we are not accepting cash donations at this time on our events. Please feel free to send donations to our Treasurer or event organizer electronically).
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||See the link below for map and directions. We
meet in the parking lot. Check out my picture
the "Volunteers" page. |
important ways to protect yourself and others
all who choose to enjoy an
EOC activity we require participants to follow
Federal and Provincial rules in regards to Covid-
19, and the 2 meters/ 6 feet of social distancing
from all club members and the public while on the
trails and in public spaces. ** Our activities
outdoors in uncrowded spaces
where cross-contamination is considered lower
risk, but strict precautions still need to be
followed. click for more information and
to learn more. |
1. Create social space. Avoid greeting each other where there is the potential for skin-to- skin contact, such as hugs or handshakes or high- fives. . When in doubt, share a friendly wave and 'hello'. Blow your nose, cough, sneeze, or clear your airway at least 2 metres away from others. Don't use clothing to wipe. Wear a mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread to others if you will be within 2 metres of people other than members of your own household.
2. Are you in a high- risk category? Consider self- isolating if you are in a category with an immunocompromised system. Consultations with respiratory therapists indicate that individuals who suffer from asthma should exercise the same level of care they would exercise with other viruses. Alberta's Chief Medical Officer has stated individuals over 60, or anybody with pre- existing medical conditions are at increased risk of complications from Coronvirus (COVID-19).
3. Are you feeling unwell? Are you feeling unwell? If you have a cough or flu-like symptoms, you must stay home, and should consider getting yourself tested by calling 8-1-1. Also the Alberta government states if you have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose, you MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms and until your symptoms have resolved (whichever is longer). *If you are in mandatory self-isolation you can not legally go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park.
4. Your EOC event hosts are volunteers. Participants are responsible for assessing the current road conditions, current weather conditions, their current physical condition, current trail conditions, and are responsible for their own safety and well-being.
5. Please no sharing of food and drinks; as well no carpooling.
6. Further important considerations:
Self test and Covid-19 FAQs here: click for more FAQ information, testing, and links for Alberta Health Covid-19.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!